I’ve been stuck in the office for months and been craving for a holiday so bad. There are so many places that I want to visit and dying to see, yet here I am in the office, doing lots of boring things for this company that I don’t own. Lol.
Anyway, I’m not here to talk about my life at the office, but to give everyone a holiday 101 from me. Hahaha. I know, I’m not a travel expert or anything, but I came across a lot of people who said “ I need a holiday, but I don’t have money”, or ask me something like “how do you save money for a holiday? I can’t seem to save any”, FYI I usually paid for my own vacay since 5 years ago, and I have a moto of “you can always earn money, but experience is priceless”, with that moto I save and spent my money on a lot of trips.
The first thing that you need to do if you want to go on a holiday is save up a certain amount of money, depends on your destination of course. I usually write it like this
Plane tix : 5.000.000
Accommodation 4 days : 2.000.000
Transportation : 1.000.000
Food : 2.500.000
Etc : 1.500.000
Total : 12.000.000
Once you’ve worked out how much you need, then you’ve got a figure you can save towards. It’s much better to markup the budget and save as much as you can before you leave, so you don’t rely entirely on your credit card. You don’t want to spend the next year paying off your trip debts.
And the next thing that I usually do is finding a way to earn that money. I’ve been earning my own money since I was still in college. And even when I was still in high school I like to sell things and create a small business that I abandoned. Lol. Well the message is that there are a lot of ways for you to earn money.
- The first way is to cut back on spending before you go and you’ll have more money to spend on your trip.
- Save up some money from your monthly salary
- Once you do no 1 and no 2, you should make the most of your savings. Think about putting your money where it will earn interest, such as a term deposit or a savings account.
- Sell your preloved items online. You can sell clothes and shoes that you don’t wear anymore, gadget that you don’t use or books that you’ve read at carousell, instagram or tinkerlust. Make the most of the items that you no longer use or need and save a lot for your holiday.
Fortunately for you guys who are planning to go on a trip, by visiting this website http://bekasjadiapapun.id/liburan you can sell your preloved items using #BekasJadiLiburan and earn extra point for a chance to go to Singapore free! You can earn money and have a tidier room at the same time. This is my favorite way of earning money!
- Once you have the right amount of money for your trip, divide the money according to your budget and make sure you stick to it. I think this is super important, If you combined all your money at one place, you’ll just spend it without thinking about the budget, and in the end you’ll end up with no money for souvenirs or something because maybe you spend too much on food. So you have to be clear about this and separate each budget.
Saving required disciplines, so be strict to yourself; just think about all the fun things that you’ll do on your trips!
Happy holiday all!